Marketing and Communications manager
Are you passionate about cycling? Do you believe cycling apparel should enable you to express your own personality on the bike and most importantly have fun with every ride? No matter your age, shape or size? And are you excited to share this mission with the world? Then you might be the perfect person to join our small but ambitious team.
As Marketing & Communication manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the complete marketing plan for IRIS across both paid and owned channels. You will need to develop programs that raise the brand’s awareness and grow sales, through the mediums and messages that are relevant and meaningful for our customers and retail partners. The ideal candidate has a passion for putting our customer at the center of everything that IRIS does.
We’re looking for a freelance, flexible and independent worker who can develop, execute and optimise marketing programs across the funnel from community and ambassador programs, email marketing, PR and social media strategies.
In this role you will work closely with IRIS founder and lead designer Iris Slappendel to create and execute the communications strategy across all owned and paid media channels throughout the year and during special events.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage and enhance the IRIS brand image, position and reputation in accordance with our brand guidelines, design formats and marketing principles.
- Directing high-quality traffic on-site and acquiring new consumers through owned and paid channels (Email, META, Pinterest, Google). Currently we work with a small digital agency to support us on our paid media planning, buying and execution. Experience with Meta Business Manager, Google Analytics, Mailchimp, WordPress is preferred.
- Build out our owned channels content strategy for B2B & B2C to engage current and future customers and remain top of mind. Input into our photography shoot planning to capture content needs for our owned channels and create accompanying copy in English.
- Build relationships with press outlets, identify unique opportunities to bring the IRIS brand to new customers to advance our approach to public relations. Once PR strategy is defined, execute PR
- Communication across earned media through impactful press releases, asset packs and manage press samples distribution.
- Identify key consumer insights and build upon our in-house market research survey to help inform new product development, media targeting approaches to build for the consumer and our community.
- Build upon, manage and execute the IRIS ambassadors program to continue to work with individuals and groups who are invested in the betterment of their community so that together we can co-create sustainable and tangible change that gets more bodies and booties on bikes.
- Organizing and participating in social rides and community events. Creating content for social media during events
- Customer support
- Sales support / back office (stock, orders, sales optimization, analyzing sales, delivery, etc)
To be successful in the role it would be necessary to have the following experience:
– Highly motivated, creative and proactive
– Mission-driven with an eye for detail
– An ability to work quickly, independently and accurately
– Strong communicator
– Customer focused mindset
– Cycling enthusiast
– Fluently written and spoken in English
– Flexible in workload and working hours
– Basic knowledge about SEO
– Knows the ins and outs from Instagram, Facebook and other social media channels
– Knowledge of Shopify, WordPress and Mailchimp is a pre
– Adobe Indesign, Illustrator (or similar design programs) skills are a pre
– Ideally based in the Netherlands
– A good network in the cycling industry is very welcome
What’s in it for you:
At IRIS we offer you an inspiring entrepreneurial environment. In order to facilitate our growth, you will get a lot of responsibilities and the possibility to really make a difference for our business. The exponential growth of the brand is a unique opportunity to be part of great developments.
We are looking for a 15 hr a week workload, preferably on a flexible basis.
Do you recognize yourself in this role and would you like to be part of a growing cycling brand? Apply by sending your resume and motivation to email@example.com